|52° 49' 13.8", 1° 32' 13.56"|
Happisburgh Lighthouse is the oldest working light in East Anglia, and the only independently run lighthouse in Great Britain.
Built in 1790, originally one of a pair - the tower is 85ft tall and the lantern is 134ft above sea level. The 'low light' which was discontinued in 1883 was 20ft lower and the pair formed leading lights marking safe passage around the southern end of the treacherous Haisborogh Sands.
Today the lighthouse is painted white with three red bands, and has a light characteristic of Fl (3) W 30s (3 white flashes, repeated every 30secs) with a range of 18 miles.
Saved as a working light by the local community, it is maintained and operated entirely by voluntary contributions.